Non-Pilot Companion Clinic
This unique clinic is designed specifically for non-pilot companions, including spouses, other family members or friends. After completion of the course you’ll have a greater understanding of the details encountered on every flight helping you become more comfortable in the airplane and increasing your enjoyment of flight.
Courses in the Non-Pilot Companion Clinic
- Aerodynamics — You’ll learn about the key elements that keep airplanes aloft (and contrary to what some say, no, it’s not just money), as well as gain a greater understanding of the primary control surfaces and how you fly the airplane.
- Navigation and Charts — Where are we and how do we get where we want to go? You’ll learn more about reading aeronautical maps, as well as some basics about GPS navigation.
- Communications — Why do controllers talk so darned fast? We’ll answer that question and much more. When the course is over you’ll understand more of what you are hearing on the radio, and how to use it too.
- Landings — We walk through the key elements of landing a Bonanza and Baron so you become familiar with the steps involved. We build on the experience you’ve already gained flying in the right seat.
- Group walk-around of a Bonanza or Baron — Improves your familiarity with the aircraft as well as instruments and controls through hands-on experience. On the ground of course.
- Tower Tour — When the FAA permits we’ll take you up into the cab of an operating Control Tower. You’ll get to see the airport and surrounding area from the perspective of a Tower Controller, watch them work with real traffic, and ask all the questions you want to. This is so much fun the pilots are jealous you get to do this and they don’t!
- Lunch — Don’t forget this! Great lunch provided at the hangar for you and your pilot.
You also have an opportunity to fly for about 1.5 hours with one of our very experienced and easy-to-get-along-with flight instructors. This is an optional part of the program (additional fee required).
If you choose the flight option you’ll get to handle the controls yourself with the instructor right beside you. Ask all the questions you like, and we’ll show you a few key things that will be helpful in an emergency. And if you are up for it we’ll talk you through a landing too.
Register now – call 970-206-0182
Bonanza / Baron Pilot Training, Inc., offers these other concurrent information-packed clinics:
Single-yoke aircraft owners: The FAA limits instruction in single-yoke aircraft to pilots who are qualified in your aircraft [14 CFR 91.109]. Therefore, for Companions who are not qualified in your aircraft, BPT instructors will teach flight procedures on the ground to emulate the procedures normally conducted in flight. During the flight, the BPT instructor will then demonstrate the procedures and equipment discussed in class and on the ground.
If you prefer that your Companion have actual hands-on procedural experience in-flight, please consider renting a dual-yoke for your aircraft prior to the BPT Companion Course.