1. The term “angle of attack” is defined as the angle between the:
A. Chord line of the wing and the relative wind
B. Airplane’s longitudinal axis and that of the air striking the airfoil
C. Airplane’s center line and the relative wind
2. Refer to the figure above. Determine the maximum wind velocity for a 45° crosswind if the maximum crosswind component for the airplane is 25 knots.
A. 25 knots
B. 29 knots
C. 35 knots
3. What is the purpose of the runway / runway hold position sign?
A. Denotes entrance to runway from a taxiway
B. Denotes area protected for an aircraft approaching or departing a runway
C. Denotes intersecting runways
4. During flight, when are the indications of a magnetic compass accurate?
A. Only in straight-and-level unaccelerated flight
B. As long as the airspeed is constant
C. During turns if the bank does not exceed 18°
5.VFR approaches to land at night should be accomplished:
A. At a higher airspeed
B. With a steeper descent
C. The same as during daytime
6. Refer to the figure above. In the TAF for KMEM, what does “SHRA” stand for?
A. Rain showers
B. A shift in wind direction is expected
C. A significant change in precipitation is possible
1. A; 2.C; 3. C; 4.A; 5.C; 6. A