1. What are the requirements to log an ILS approach in VMC conditions for instrument currency?
a. The flight must remain on an IFR flight plan throughout the approach and landing.
b. The ILS approach can be credited only if you use a view-limiting device to minimums and log the name of the safety pilot.
c. The ILS approach can be credited regardless of actual weather if you are issued an IFR clearance.
2. In what localities is advection fog most likely to occur?
a. Coastal areas
b. Mountain slopes
c. Level inland areas
d. Near a lake or river
3. What is the forecast wind at 1800Z in the following TAF? KMEM 091740Z 1818 00000KT 1/2SM RAFG OVC005
b. Not recorded
4. What record or documents shall the owner or operator of an aircraft keep to show compliance with an applicable airworthiness directive?
a. The aircraft maintenance records
b. Airworthiness and registration certificate
c. Aircraft flight manual and owner’s handbook
d. Airworthiness certificate and owner’s handbook
5. Aerobatic flight is not allowed:
a. Within 5 miles of any airport
b. Within 2,000 feet of the surface
c. When the flight visibility is less than 5 SM
d. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement
6. What is the visibility and distance from clouds at 1,200 feet or less above the surface
[regardless of MSL altitude]within Class C airspace?
a. 500 feet below; 1,000 feet above; 2,000 feet horizontal
b. 1,000 feet below; 1,000 feet above; 1 mile horizontal
c. Clear of clouds
Answers: 1.b; 2. a; 3. a; 4. a; 5. d; 6. a