1. For private pilot operations, a second class medical certificate issued to a 42-year-old pilot on October 15, this year, will expire at midnight on:
A. October 31, 5 years later
B. October 31, 2 years later
C. October 1, next year
2. Aircraft position lights are required to be illuminated from:
A. 1 hour before sunset to 1 hour after sunrise
B. Sunset to sunrise
C. 30 minutes after sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise
D. 1 hour after sunset to 1 hour before sunrise
3. What pre-takeoff check should be made of the attitude indicator in preparation for an IFR flight?
A. The horizon bar does not vibrate during warmup
B. The horizon bar should erect and become stable within 5 minutes
C. The miniature airplane should erect and become stable within 5 minutes
D. The horizon bar should erect and immediately become stable
4. Interpret this PIREP:MRB UA/OV MRB/TM1430/FL060/TPBE36/SK BKN BL/WX RA/TB MDT.
A. At 6,000 feet; between layers; moderate turbulence; moderate rain
B. Ceiling 6,000 feet intermittently below moderate thunder showers; turbulence increasing westward
C. FL 60,000, intermittently below clouds; moderate rain, turbulence increasing with the wind
D. At 6,000, overcast; sky cover is broken between layers; rain and turbulence; Mountain Daylight Time
5.What is the appropriate minimum flight visibility and distance from clouds with the airspace and altitude at 1,200 feet of less above the surface [regardless of MSL altitude]?
A. 1 statute mile
B. 3 statute miles
C. 5 statute miles
D. 500 feet below; 1,000 feet above; 2,000 feet horizontal
E. 1,000 feet below; 1,000 feet above; 1 mile horizontal
F. Clear of clouds
6. Hold line markings at the intersection of taxiways and runways consist of four lines that extend across the width of the taxiway. These lines are:
A. Yellow, and the dashed lines are nearest the runway
B. Yellow, and the solid lines are nearest the runway
C. White, and the dashed lines are nearest the runway
D. Yellow, and the dashed lines are farthest from the runway
Answers: 1. B; 2. B; 3.B; 4. A; 5. A and F; 6 A.